THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS are available to your company to help educate you and your employees. We have learned that by providing these opportunities to your employees, the following benefits emerge:
- Employees are happier and feel safer. This usually equates to lower employee turnover.
- Your HR team gets fewer questions and spends less time on program administration.
- Use of your program is reduced to what is needed. Employees feel appreciative and protective of the plan rather than feeling entitled.
- Absenteeism can be reduced when employees know how to properly access the services they need, when needed.
Group Health Benefit Education Session: (Time: 1 Hour)
This session is presented upon installation of your new Health & Dental benefit plan or on the
assumption of agent status of your existing benefit plan. The purpose is to celebrate the plan and instruct the employees and their spouses on exactly what they have. Topics covered include:
- How the premium is calculated so that your employees understand that their expenses can create a cost savings or added expenses to their benefit plan.
- Taxation of the plan.
- Overview of each type of benefit available to your employees.
- How to best use each type of benefit.
- How to avoid rejection of claims.
- Additional type of coverage available to employees to better protect their families
General Group Health Benefit Education Session: (Time: 1 Hour)
Semi-annually, I run generalized session for new employees and for ones who missed the above session following installation of their group benefit plan. We cover the same topics. The only thing left out are the specifics that any one group may have. We simply ask that each client provide the summary of benefits, that we provide, to their employee for the meeting.
Employee Assistance Plan Awareness (EAP): (Time: 15 minutes)
For companies who sponsor an EAP, this session will help their employees understand that they have free and confidential SUPPORT for a huge range of life’s issues. An EAP has been shown to reduce absenteeism and to save $1.72 for each $1.00 that is spent. That savings only happens when an employee understands the vast range of services available within their EAP.
Group Pension / RSP / TFSA Education Session: (Time: 1 Hour)
This session is presented in advance of starting your group savings program. The purpose is to:
- Celebrate the benefit program that you are offering and to help reduce employee turnover.
- Educate the employees on what they have access to (Employer contributions, type of investments, on-line access, etc.).
- Educate them on what a savings program is and can do for them.
- Educate them on the difference between a bank-based program and one from their employer.
- Educate them on how it works.
- Help them choose their type of investment based on their needs and personality.
- Help them complete the necessary forms.
Following this session, many employees have told us they now had the information they need to begin SAVING FOR RETIREMENT. Many employees have told us that prior to this session they did not even know the questions to ask to start saving a savings program.
Fraud Awareness: (Time: 15 minutes)
HEALTH FRAUD in Canada is estimated at $20 Billion of annual cost. This short session helps educate employees on how to avoid ending up in a fraudulent claims scenario, and what to do if they recognize such a situation. By taking this session, employees can help avoid excess claims charged to your group benefit program. They will also become more aware of a fraudulent situation that will not be reimbursed by their insurer.
Brand Name vs. Generic Medication & Biosimilars: (Time: 15 minutes)
The COST OF MEDICATION rises every year. Pharmaceutical companies are now producing biologic
and specialty medications that are very expensive. In BC, the maximum charged for a generic
medication is 20% of the cost of a brand name medication.
This course will help educate your employees on the differences between brand name medication and generic medication. It will also teach your employees how they can access brand name medication at the generic price.
By taking this course, employees will learn how to talk to their Dr. and Pharmacist to take advantage of the cost savings of generic medication to save themselves and the plan significant amounts of money.